Everything But The Kitchen Sink Strata
An impressive breakfast dish with mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, and spinach
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 white onion
- 6 slices bread sourdough or italian
- 1 lb lean ground meat beef, italian sausage, venison
- 1 cup frozen spinach 1 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Cut bread into 2 inch pieces
- In a large skillet or dutch oven, heat butter until melted.
- Add diced onion and ground meat to dutch oven and cook until browned.
- Stir in mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes and spinach. Cook for another 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Coat 8×11 casserole dish with cooking spray or melted butter.
- Place half of the bread into the casserole dish.
- Pour half of the mixture onto the bread and top with half of the shredded cheese. Repeat this again with the mixture and cheese.
- Whisk eggs, half and half, dijon mustard together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture evenly into the casserole.
- Cover casserole dish with foil or plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until golden.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
One response to “EVERYTHING BUT THE SINK STRATA”
[…] EVERYTHING BUT THE SINK STRATA — Khaki’s kitchen […]