We LOVE pot pie. I keep puff pastry on hand because as long as you have chicken and a few veggies, you can make a great home cooked meal!! This pot pie is hearty thanks to the mushrooms and gives you that warm fuzzy feeling.
Chicken and Mushroom Pot Pie
- 1 white onion chopped
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound boneless chicken best cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 10 oz frozen spinach can use fresh if you prefer
- 14.5 oz 98% fat free cream of chicken
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- Chop onion and celery.
- In a dutch oven or pot, add olive oil and heat at medium heat.
- Sauté onions and celery for about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and garlic powder. Cook for about 5-7 minutes until browned.
- Stir in mushrooms, spinach, broth, cream of chicken, greek yogurt and cheese.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer for about 3-5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Roll out your thawed puff pastry.
- In a pie dish or casserole dish, spray bottom with cooking spray.
- Cover the bottom of dish with one sheet of puff pastry.
- Pour chicken and mushroom mixture into dish.
- Place second puff pastry on top of the mixture and make sure it is all covered.
- Sprinkle thyme on pie.
- Bake chicken pot pie for 30 minutes or until a golden brown. Serve while hot!