We live about an hour away from the Louisiana border so to say that the cajun culture is prominent around here would be an understatement. This jambalaya is so flavorful and full of the goods! I would say that if you are hesitant about your rice not cooking then just cook it separately and stir together afterwards, as much as I cook this does sometimes happen to me!
Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 link andouille sausage
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning Slap Ya Mama or Tony Chacheres
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red onion
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 16 oz diced tomatoes with or without basil & oregano
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 4 bay leaves
- 2.5 cups chicken broth
- sliced green onions
- Louisiana hot sauce
- Chop all of your vegetables and sausage into coin sized pieces.
- Heat oil in large dutch oven.
- Add seasoned chicken and sausage to dutch oven. Cook for 10 minutes and continuously stir until browned.
- Remove chicken and sausage and set aside.
- Add onions, bell pepper, garlic to the dutch oven and let sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add in diced tomatoes, rice, mushrooms chicken broth and bay leaves. Stir.
- Add your chicken and sausage back to the dutch oven and bring to a boil.
- Place lid on dutch oven and bring heat down to medium.
- Stirring occasionally, cook for about 20-25 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Serve with green onions and hot sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
One response to “CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE JAMBALAYA”
[…] CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE JAMBALAYA — Khaki’s kitchen […]