I love pasta, I love lemon and I love this dish. This is a little lighter than most – I try to cut down on flour but not breading it at all just takes away the key aspects of this meal.
A meal that tastes fresh, is filling and perfect for any night of the week!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 4 lemons
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups white mushrooms
- 7 oz capers with liquid from jar
- 12 oz pasta of choice I use Banza for additional protein
- Combine flour and panko in a bowl.
- Heat olive oil on high in a cast iron skillet or dutch oven.
- Dredge each piece of chicken in flour and breadcrumbs until well coated but not too thick of a crust.
- Place chicken into skillet in batches and let brown for about 4 minutes on each side. Cook chicken in batches if needed and once browned, remove and place on a plate.
- Add onions and lemon juice to the same skillet. Let sauté for about 3-4 minutes.
- Combine chicken broth with onions and lemons.
- Add in capers and mushrooms. Bring to a boil.
- Place chicken back into skillet. Boil for 15 minutes.
- While the piccata is boiling, prepare your pasta of choice.
- Serve chicken with broth on top of your pasta and enjoy!
*** NUTRITION FACTS DO NOT INCLUDE PASTA
Calories: 370kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 54gFat: 11g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!