Chicken pot pie without the hassle of pie crust and a little lighter for those of us trying to eat great food but be a little bit healthier. This soup is delicious and when you serve it with some cornbread or croutons, you don’t even miss the crust. Throw it all in a pot, use frozen or fresh veggies – whatever works for you will work for this recipe!
Chicken Pot Pie Soup
A lighter version of the classic chicken pot pie all in one pot.
- 2 pounds chicken breasts or boneless thighs
- 4 cups mixed vegetables carrots, peas and corn
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 white onion diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups fat free milk can use milk of choice
- 1/3 cup flour optional (could use yogurt to thicken)
- 3 cups yukon potatoes cut into 4ths
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning optional
- Boil chicken until tender enough to shred or use rotisserie chicken.
- Shred chicken using fork or your mixer.
- In a large pot or dutch oven, add olive oil, onions and celery over high heat.
- Sauté for about a minute.
- Add in mixed vegetables and let cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir chicken into the vegetables.
- Add milk, broth, mushrooms and potatoes to pot. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, stir in flour and seasonings. Let boil for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Serve with your favorite hot sauce, cornbread and enjoy!
Calories: 354kcalCarbohydrates: 35gProtein: 33gFat: 8g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!