Growing up my two favorite chain restaurants were PF Changs and The Cheesecake Factory. One of the things that has remained the same is how much I love lettuce wraps of all kinds!
Most people who I cook any asian dish for think that they have no business attempting to master this genre of food. I am here to tell you that you should absolutely buy all of the things in this recipe and keep extra back stock in your pantry!!
When I don’t know what to cook or just don’t have the energy, a variation of these ingredients are mixed together with whatever protein I have and voila!
Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 red or white onion
- 1 cup green onions chopped
- 16 oz chopped water chestnuts
- 1 green bell pepper
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 head butter lettuce
Stir Fry Sauce
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp chili garlic oil
- 3 tbsp Mama Tangs spicy asian vinaigrette optional but delicious
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- Wash and chop all of your vegetables.
- Combine all ingredients for stir fry sauce.
- In a skillet or work, add cooking spray or 2 T of oil and heat at high.
- Add garlic and green onions to wok or skillet.
- Once fragrant, add ground turkey to wok then add all other veggies. Cook for 8-10 minutes until ground turkey is browned.
- Stir in stir fry sauce and let cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately in butter lettuce cups!