Who needs takeout when you can make it taste even better at home for half the price? I love Thai food – anything with Thai basil and a little spice and you are speaking my language. Thai isn’t something most people think they can do but it is EASY as can be if you just trust yourself to try!
Less than 10 ingredients and your dinner is served – most of these being staples you should always keep in the pantry or fridge.
Serve this with some egg rolls, dumplings or just over rice or noodles!
Pad Grapow: Thai Basil Chicken
- 4 chicken breast sliced in very thin pieces
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1/2 jalapeno
- 4 tbsp minced garlic
- handful fresh basil
- 3 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp oil sesame, olive, grapeseed
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- Chop bell pepper and jalapeño.
- Cut chicken into thin slices.
- Marinate chicken in soy sauce and oyster sauce for 10 minutes or more.
- In a wok, let 2 tbsp of oil heat at high and let heat for 1 minute.
- Add your garlic, chili oil and peppers to the wok and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add your chicken and continue to stir for 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Toss the chicken in basil and red pepper flakes and let simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- Cook jasmine or white rice according to package.
- Serve with your choice of soy sauce, Sriracha or wasabi.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!