As a kid I always loved going to my aunt’s house because there was a 90% chance we were having beef stroganoff. I love the creaminess of this meal and how hearty it is. As I got older and realized I probably didn’t need allll of the fat content that is in the original recipe, I was determined to make it taste just as good but also keep it on the healthy side of things. This is my version and I hope you love it!
Skinnier Beef Stroganoff
- 1 pound flank steak
- 1 cup greek yogurt or light sour cream
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 white onion
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 12 oz wide egg noodles
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tbsp Garlic Pepper could also use garlic powder and pepper
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire
- Chop all of your vegetables in thick 1 inch pieces.
- Cut steak into thin strips.
- Season flank steak with Worcestershire, garlic & pepper.
- Bring water to a boil for your noodles.
- In a Dutch oven, heat cooking spray or oil. Add steak into pot and cook for 3 min on each side until cooked through.
- Remove steak and add garlic, onions and bell peppers. Cook until soft. Add white wine and scrape the bottom of pot.
- In a separate bowl mix Worcestershire, beef broth and flour.
- Pour broth into dutch oven and add mushrooms and steak. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Stir often.
- Cook noodles according to package. Drain but do not rinse.
- Add in Greek yogurt/sour cream, steak & noodles top with thyme and parsley.