I need some type of at home take out once a week. This is a little spicy, a little tangy and all the good stuff you want in a light weeknight meal. Add some extra spicy with red pepper, korean five spice seasoning or a little extra Sriracha. Enjoy!
Spicy Orange Glazed Chicken
- 2 lb chicken tenderloin or chicken breast cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 white onions
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
Spicy Orange Glaze
- 1 cup orange juice about 4 oranges
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp garlic
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup of water
- Cut chicken into one inch cubes. Season with salt.
- In a wok or large skillet, add sesame oil and heat at high heat.
- Add white onion and green onions and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken to wok and let cook for about 7-8 minutes or until browned.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Combine ingredients for sauce.
- Add sauce to wok and let cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir chicken back in and let cook for another 10-12 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Garnish with green onion and sesame seeds. Serve over white rice and enjoy!
**** Nutrition facts do not include rice.
Calories: 455kcalCarbohydrates: 48gProtein: 47gFat: 9g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!