Chicken Tortilla Soup
Throw in a pot tortilla soup!
- 2 jalapenos you can remove seeds if sensitive to spice
- 1 white onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 15 oz black beans
- 14 oz rotel diced tomatoes
- 48 oz chicken broth
- 4 oz diced green chilies
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast
- juice from 2 limes
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- In a pot, heat oil or cooking spray and add your diced jalapeños, onion and bell pepper with garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in your rotel, beans and green chilies with chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling add in chicken breasts, paprika, cayenne and cumin. Bring heat to a simmer and cook for 25-30 min.
- Remove chicken once it is cooked and let it cool until you are able to shred.
- Add lime and cilantro to pot and then add chicken back to pot.
- Serve over cheese, tortilla chips or grilled tortilla strips, top with avocado, sour cream & lime.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!