A delicious pasta for a weeknight, weekend or even for a little cold pasta salad meal prep! I love this recipe because there are endless substitutions and you can always throw it together with whatever vegetables you have. The feta cheese and red pepper flakes give it the kick it needs. Throw it all together or chop your veggies before hand and you have a dinner that will impress most!
Primavera Chicken Tortellini
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes optional for spice
- 4 cups tortellini I prefer HEB Cheese Tortellini, you can use any pasta
- 1 eggplant
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 red onion
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 bell pepper
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- pesto optional
- Cut chicken breast into 1 inch pieces and season with garlic powder, onion powder and 1/2 tbsp of red pepper flakes (optional).
- Preheat oven to 375 and cook chicken for 25-30 minutes or preheat air fryer to 400 and cook for 25 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Cut onions, bell peppers, eggplant and squash into small 1 inch pieces.
- In a pot or dutch oven, add garlic, onions and bell peppers. Let sauté for about 5-7 minutes.
- In another pot, bring water to boil and add tortellini to cook based on package instructions.
- Add squash and eggplant to your onions and peppers. Let cook for about 3-5 minutes. Stir in tortellini. Add feta cheese, additional red pepper flakes and toss in olive oil or pesto.