If you’re like me, you want a lot of flavor to your dinners and are not willing to eat plain chicken breasts during the week. I love this meal. It has bursts of flavors in every bite. I honestly couldn’t tell you if I like the chicken or the orzo more in this dish! This is one you can prep beforehand if you don’t have time during the week and throw the chicken breasts in the oven when you are ready!
Sundried Tomato and Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken with Artichoke Orzo
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 cup orzo
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 jar quartered artichokes canned is also fine
- 1 lemon
- 3 oz sundried tomato pesto could also use regular pesto and sundried tomatoes
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1/2 cup peppercinis
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp oregano
For Stuffed Chicken
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine pesto, goat cheese and peppercinis in a mixing bowl.
- Cut a slit into the side of each chicken breast to prepare for stuffing.
- Season each breast with garlic powder, rosemary and oregano.
- Fill each chicken breast with a quarter of the cheese mixture.
- Pour 2 cups of broth into a casserole dish.
- Place chicken breasts into casserole dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until chicken reaches temperature of 165.
Lemon and Artichoke Orzo
- In a dutch oven or stock pot add olive oil and onion over high heat.
- Cook onions until softened.
- Stir in orzo and 2 cups of chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, lower heat to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Once cooked, stir in chopped artichokes and lemon juice.
- Serve with Stuffed Chicken Breast.