Macaroni and cheese may have to be the most loved food in America. I mean really, whether you are 4, 40 or 95 – it is so dang good! This recipe just elevates that with prosciutto, basil and five different cheeses that will leave you with no other choice but to have seconds!
Five Cheese Prosciutto Mac and Cheese
A version of the classic that is so extra and full of cheese that you will want to serve it at every meal
- 12 oz shell pasta
- 3 oz prosciutto
- 6 oz Cheddar, Gruyere & Asiago Mix Can use any blend of white cheese
- 8 oz Brie
- 8 oz Monterrey Jack
- 1 cup half and half
- 1.5 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Cook noodles per package instructions.
- Once noodles are done, drain the water but do not rinse with cold water. Add hot noodles to casserole dish.
- Stir in Monterey Jack, Brie, 1/2 cup of shredded cheese, half of the prosciutto and 1/2 cup of half and half.
- Top with panko breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 30 min @ 375.
- Stir in another 1/2 cup of half and half.
- Top with remainder of mozzarella, prosciutto and basil.
- Broil for 5 minutes or bake for another 15. Make sure prosciutto is crisp but not burnt.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!