Every time I go to a steakhouse I look forward to trying their rendition of Brussels! These are sweet, spicy, crunch and so much more. They are the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving table or for your next steak night at home.
The Mike’s Hot Honey is the KEY if you like spice. If you want the sweet but not the spicy, you can use regular honey and they will be just as good – I promise! Make sure you let them carmelize before letting sit and all of the flavor soak in.
Hot Honey Glazed Brussel Sprouts
The brussel sprouts of your dreams. A little sweet, a little spicy and the perfect crunch.
- 2 bundles brussel sprouts
- 1/2 white onion thinly sliced
- 1/8 cup cooking oil for frying
- 1/2 cup hot honey can use regular honey if you don't like spice
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp salt
- sliced almonds
- Rinse brussel sprouts. Chop ends off of each brussel.
- Bring water to a rapid boil. Boil brussel sprouts for 4 minutes. Place brussel sprouts in cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Add enough vegetable oil to your pot to coat the bottom of the pan, about 1/2 inch high.
- Once oil is bubbling, add brussel sprouts to flash fry. You will know they are done when the brussel sprouts start to show a crisp exterior. If they are not browning, remove some of the oil – too much oil can prevent them from frying.
- Slice onions finely. Add onions to brussel sprouts to sauté.
- Add in your honey, chili powder and salt. Let cook for 8-10 minutes. You will see the glaze start to the brussel spouts.
- Remove from heat, add sliced almonds and let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!