Need a dinner to throw in the pot and walk away? This is it! Just let your chicken boil, pour your cans in and chop a few onions and peppers. I love this stew because it’s a lot like chicken tortilla soup but with a little twist of the southwest flair.
Southwest Chicken Stew
- 2.5 lbs boneless chicken breast or tenders
- 1 jalapeño chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 10 cups chicken broth
- 15 oz canned corn
- 8 oz green chiles
- 20 oz diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 15.5 oz kidney beans
- 3 limes
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 cup cilantro
- avocado optional
- sour cream optional
- jalapenos optional
- In a large stockpot add garlic, jalapenos and red onion. Stir for about 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Pour broth into pot and add in chicken. Bring to a boil and let cook for about 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pot at shred. Use hand mixer or stand mixer for a quick shortcut.
- Stir in corn, kidney beans, green chilis and diced tomatoes. Cook for another 20 minutes.
- Add in juice from limes, salt and cilantro. Serve immediately with optional toppings and enjoy.